- Serious about a career in building and construction?
- 16 years old or above?
- Ready and able to commit to training and work, every week day, for a four-year apprenticeship?
RISE Geelong program includes
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways skill set – try different trades, learn basic skills
- Industry skills – workshops, work experience, work site tour, industry speakers
- Recruitment to apprenticeships – connect the right employer with the right employee
- Mentoring and support – for participants and employers
- Construction Induction Card – WorkSafe licence (White Card)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Hi-vis clothing and safety boots
27 October 2020
Please register your interest here to be contacted about future programs.
Monday to Thursday
9:00am to 4:30pm
The Gordon, East Geelong Campus, G-Building
Boundary Road, East Geelong
Information / enrolment sessions
All participants MUST attend one information session
Please register your interest here and we will contact you with dates and times for the next information sessions.
Information session location
Skills and Jobs Centre, The Gordon City Campus, Geelong
Enter at corner Gordon Avenue and Latrobe Terrace.
There are five main stages of the RISE Geelong program:
PEOPLE – Referral pathway for participants who may not otherwise have access to or capacity for training and employment, through referrals, information sessions and enrolment support.
SKILLS – Accredited Certificate II and informal soft skills training, induction to industry and preparation for work.
JOBS – Employment support for apprentices and employers through supported recruitment and induction, ongoing training and mentoring until secure employment is established.
CONNECT – Centralised coordination for all collaborating partners, participants and industry, provided by the RISE Coordinator.
MENTOR – Mentoring and support is provided by industry experts throughout the program, from your first enquiry to established employment.