- Serious about a career in building and construction?
- 16 years old or above?
- Ready and able to commit to training and work, every week day, for a four-year apprenticeship?
Scroll down for more information.
3 February 2020
14 April 2020
Monday to Friday
9:00am to 4:30pm
The Gordon, East Geelong Campus
Boundary Road, East Geelong, G-Building
Information / enrolment sessions (all participants MUST attend one information session)
Wednesday 4 December 2019
Tuesday 14 January 2020
Skills and Jobs Centre, Westfield Geelong, Level 1 Shop 2255 (near Big W)
Bring as much of the following as you can
- Photo identification (passport, driver’s licence, proof of age card)
- Birth certificate
- Medicare card
- Residency / Visa papers
- Concession card (your own or your parent / guardians’ card)
- Unique Student Identifier number (USI)
- Resume (if you have one)
There are five main stages of the RISE program:
- PEOPLE – Referral pathway for participants who may not otherwise have access or capacity to training and employment, through referrals, information sessions and enrolment support.
- SKILLS – Accredited Certificate II and informal soft skills training, induction to industry and preparation for work.
- JOBS – Employment support for apprentices and employers, through supported recruitment and induction, ongoing training and mentoring until secure employment is established.
- CONNECT – Centralised coordination for all collaborating partners, participants and industry, provided by the RISE Coordinator.
- MENTOR – Mentoring and support is provided by industry experts throughout the program, from your first enquiry to established employment.
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways – try different trades, learn basic skills
- Industry Skills – workshops, work experience, work site tour, industry speakers
- Recruitment to apprenticeships – connect the right employer with the right employee
- Mentoring and support – for participants and employers
- Construction Induction Card – WorkSafe licence (White Card)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Hi-vis clothing and safety boots